How does the website Base Template work?
Base Template is a new feature introduced in HTML Egg Pro.
- the base template is designed to contain components that should be consistent across the website. Examples are headers and navigation site menus.
- there can only be one base template in a website
- when a page uses the base template, it automatically inherits all objects in the base template. The base template objects show with a "blue" border on a regular page. Base template objects can only be edited from "basetemplate.html"
- content on the base template are ONLY editable directly from the base template page. On inherited pages, base template content are presented in "read-only" mode
- when a change is made to the base template, please "Refresh App Pages" to populate the changes to all other pages in the website that uses the base template
- you may choose to turn base template on and off for specific pages depending on your website theme needs
- once published, all content in the base template is "flattened" so it merges into each page. The resulting page is static HTML content.