How to transfer my website data to Dropbox?
Other than using FTP to upload your website, you may also transfer files to Dropbox. You may use copies stored in Dropbox as a backup, or you may upload files from Dropbox to another web server using any transfer method of your choice.
This is also a good option if for some reason, you web host does not support FTP upload but provides you with other data transfer options.
Before you start, please note you will require a Dropbox account, you can sign up for a free account at Dropbox.com
1. Open HTML Egg
2. Navigate to the website you wish to backup
3. Tap on the Properties button (gear icon)
4. Choose "Backup and Restore"
5. Tap on the "Generate Backup" option.
Depending on the number of pages and images in the website, this backup process may take several minutes to complete. You will be presented with a status indicator showing you the backup progress. When the backup is complete, you will receive a confirmation message.
To locate the files in your Dropbox account:
1. Log into Dropbox.com or open the Dropbox app
2. Open folder "Apps"
3. Open folder "HTML Egg"
4. Locate the folder for your backup. Each backup creates one distinct folder, the folder name is made up of the website title and the time stamp for the date of the backup